Are you ready to embrace Salesforce DX to drive Continuous Delivery in your Projects? AutoRABIT is the ONLY Continuous Delivery suite with end-to-end integration for Salesforce DX. The feature suite complements & extends Salesforce DX in accelerating application development & release process.
AutoRABIT has recently organized a Webinar “Experience Salesforce DX with AutoRABIT” featuring industry experts Niranjan Gattupalli, Head of Customer Success Services and Prashanth Samudrala, Customer Success Architect at AutoRABIT. The webinar was aimed at providing a virtual hands-on experience and help the audience derive the methods to modernize their software/application development practice with Salesforce DX.
Here are the excerpts from the Webinar:
Over the past few years, there has been a significant shift in the way enterprises are delivering Salesforce applications. DevOps and Agile methodologies have surpassed Waterfall development model for their benefits like faster time-to-market and early ROI.
Salesforce has facilitated modern development practices by bringing in Salesforce DX and thereby better developer experience. Metadata is the essence of any development practice, and Salesforce is no different. Using the API layer exposed by Salesforce, creating/managing and deployment of code or customization is “piece a cake.”
Deployments are an integral part of Salesforce Development Lifecycle (SDLC). They happen several times a day to either keep the environments in sync or to move changes in and out of a Production environment. As a Salesforce practice scales to an enterprise-grade delivery, developers frequently come across various limitations. Some of them are:
- Scale of components being moved
- Chances of over-writing code due to lack of versioning.
- Amount of manual effort.
More importantly, it doesn't create an environment for enterprise-scale deployment automation and continuous integration.
The Evolution of Salesforce DX - A Paradigm Shift
Salesforce DX enables enterprises to set-up a rock-solid automation process. It helps developers build together and deliver continuously. Here are the five unique features of Salesforce DX:
- Modern Developer Experience
Salesforce DX provides an excellent developer experience as it is built around a powerful command line interface and open APIs. It allows usage of tools from developer’s toolkit which they know. Developers can retain their favorite IDE or coding interface.
- Lean Feature-Driven Development Model through Scratch Orgs
Scratch Orgs enhance developers' productivity by providing an individual and isolated development environment model. A developer works on a specific feature, deploys it to the release environment and then moves to work on a new feature. This process enables a lean feature-driven development model.
- Creating a Continuous Integration Pipeline
Salesforce DX makes Continuous Integration easier with Scratch Orgs. Enterprises can integrate Salesforce DX into any CI server framework to automate Deployment and Testing of their Force.com applications.
Source Control as Single Source of TruthIn addition to Scratch Orgs, Salesforce DX recommends usage of Source Control as a single source of truth. Salesforce DX shifts the source of truth from Production Org as in Org-based model to VCS as in modular artifact- based development model. A VCS is a developer’s best friend and plays an integral role in the Salesforce DX development life cycle. With Salesforce DX, developers can store sources of their artifacts in a source control repository; this is where the source of truth is maintained.
- No Changesets
Salesforce DX integrates with Metadata API which is intended to manage customizations better over Changesets. It is, in fact, eliminating the need for creating Changesets for customizations. This will allow developers to request, query, fetch and control things much better when compared to a Changeset. It also integrates with CI server and code review tools.
AutoRABIT – A Catalyst for Adopting Salesforce DX
AutoRABIT’s core features are combined with Salesforce DX to enable developers, and release managers to easily manage ‘change’ as an entity around Salesforce, SCM, ALM and Test Automation. AutoRABIT has been advocating the usage of a source control as part of every Salesforce developer’s toolkit. And, it is seamlessly integrated with most of the industry-leading Version Control Systems (VCSs) like GIT, SVN, TFS, Perforce, etc.
- Sandboxes, Scratch Orgs, ALM story and Version Control are the integral parts of Salesforce development lifecycle. AutoRABIT's unique framework facilitates developers and release managers to manage it in a single console.
- AutoRABIT facilitates easy DX adoption with no significant learning efforts. This helps users adopt Salesforce DX quickly and easily.
- AutoRABIT's check-in gate serves as a powerful early-warning system. A developer can push the customizations into a source control system after validating it against the destination environment. This brings a lot of sanity into the development process and eliminates dependency issues, test-class failures and data issues.
- AutoRABIT offers automation for conflict resolutions. The developer can choose to resolve conflicts from the source or destination.
- AutoRABIT helps a developer achieve a state of nirvana where he can enjoy stable operating environments, faster detection and correction of defects, team collaboration and high-quality software.
Contact us for further information on how AutoRABIT leads your Salesforce DX initiatives to success.